In honor of Thanksgiving, this year's gratitude list has been . . . well, started. If, like me, you've waited for the demise of the pumpkin pie before recognizing other goods, then maybe its time for a little inspiration. I've included five examples of what is right in my world. (For the purpose of the exercise, this list is void of the obvious--like good health, family, friends, and purchases in excess of $500.00.) Here we go!
Many thanks to:
1. Readers of the blog! You are the best. Free-time doesn't come cheap; thanks for sharing yours with me.
2. My unrelenting appetite for dark--the more cocoa the better--chocolate, without it, I would not experience euphoric delusions at the expense of just a few hundred calories.
3. The bounce of dog ears as seen from the opposing end of a taut leash. The distance traveled by the tip of the ear is proportionate to a shelter animal's happiness during a welcomed walk.
3. Duck butts . . . specifically when they submerge their heads below the surface to find algae--or whatever they eat. I wonder if Newton included ducks in his study of the Third Law? For every action (head down), there is a equal and opposite reaction(butt up).
4. Costa Rican pancakes served with fresh, sliced banana and molasses. Yum!
5. Great landings, especially in the Neptune P2-V (thank you tanker 05), detected only by the struts of the main gear and a zero-descent rate.
Know that my gratitude extends beyond such favors. The above mentioned are but Cool Whip on the pie!